Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


What really is good customer service? The answer will change depending on who you ask. To me, Good customer service is an employee going out of their way to ensure the customer leaves satisfied with all of their needs. According to the student textbook, “fulfilled production orientation a philosophy that focuses on the internal capabilities of the firm rather than on the desires and needs of the marketplace” (MKTG, 9th edition, page 4). One recent amazing experience I had in customer service was at GameStop. GameStop is an video game and electronic appliance shop based out of Grapevine, Texas. Roughly 2 months ago I stopped by the GameStop on Lake Mead Boulevard and Civic Center drive buy a copy of the popular video game “Dark Souls 3.” I went to the counter and asked the cashier to check if the shop had a copy “Dark Souls 3.” The cashier confirmed he had a copy, but could not find it in the drawers that the video games are stored in. He checked 2 more times before telling me they probably had it in the back of the store. He was gone for what seemed like ages. I started getting frustrated, as I had already been at the store for more than 25 minutes. After another 5 minutes, the cashier reemerged from the back with a limited edition copy of “Dark Souls 3.” He not only dug through dozens of boxes, but the clerk even gave me a ten dollar gift card for having to wait so long. Needless to say I was happy with my visit, and with how the clerk went above and beyond to exceeded my expectations. I will definitely going back to that shop again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment